What Does a Website Cost?
- Domain Name: $10-$100 per year for new domainsSome old domains can sell for millions, but you probably want your own new one.
- Hosting: $100/month; $50 – $1,200/yearThis depends on the type of hosting you choose (dedicated, shared, free).
Additional fees may be required for additions like SSL (Secure Socket Layer certificate) or static IP Address.
- Custom Design/Information Architecture: $2,500 – $10,000+This includes the visual design, UX design, imagery collection, and sitemap and page structure generation.
This is generally a part of a larger website development package.
- Shopping Cart Integration & Programming: $200 – $15,000What kind of functionality do you want in your website? Shopping carts, paid plugins, and custom feature development can cost extra, but the benefits of a fully customized and unique website can outweigh the costs.
- Website Content Creation: $50-$200 per page, or hourlyYou can write your website’s content yourself, outsource it overseas for around $1 per page, or use a content writing firm which will charge around $100-$200 per page. Just like a website design, you get what you pay for when it comes to content creation that will rank your site high in search engines and engage your audience.
- Project Management & Information Gathering: $600-$3,000We want to help you and your website succeed, and that means creating a line of communication between you and your developers. This price includes initial consultations, phone calls, and any time that it takes to obtain the information we need to get your site going.
- Testing & Training: $600-$4,800While most websites are built on easy-to-use CMS’ nowadays, not everyone knows how to get started with them. This price point includes the time spent training you how to use your new site, as well and ensuring that everything works properly and giving you the chance to make any necessary changes.
- Website Managed Services: $75-$150+/monthManaged services can include blog writing, post-launch testing, and content maintenance.May also include marketing and advertising services including AdWords, Pay Per Click Marketing, Social Media Advertising and more.